[FW-1] Intermittent synchro problem with FW-1 4.1 SP5 ?

 Hi,

I don't know if anybody came across weird problems with 4.1 SP5.
We have faced intermittent problems that make our life very difficult.

We have Checkpoint 4.1 SP5 on Solaris 2.7 with the HA module. The set-up is used to monitor networks devices (switches, routers, etc..), so the traffic is mostly UDP, and ICMP. The Solaris Boxes are 2 Netra T1125, with 1Gigabytes of RAM. The fwhmem has been brought up to 16 Megabytes.

IP packets sent onto the Internet are translated with a public IP address. We used Static Translation. There is nothing tricky about it.

5 times since we upgraded from 4.1 SP3 to 4.1 SP5, we have seen IP packets going out from the LAN to the Internet UNTRANSLATED. It just happens out of the blue. By snooping the external interface we could see packets coming out with their private IP address.

By re-compiling the current policy (With no change !) The situation came back to normal. When this occured, we checked the connections tables, as well as the different tables dedicated to address translation: fwx_alloc, fwx_backw, fwx_forw. But the was nothing obviously strange about it.

Has anybody come across something like this?

Thanks in advance.

Arthur.