Re: [FW-1] Problem with HA/Sync Modul on NG

According to Secureknowledge Solution skI2694 :

How to configure synchronization in FireWall-1 NG?
Solution ID: skI2694
Creation Date: 05/13/2001
Revised Date: 11/30/2001

Solution:
The default synchronization method in VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG is the new sync (UDP port 8116). It can be easily configured via the GUI as follows:

1. Create a Gateway cluster object.
2. Define the VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG modules that are included in the cluster.
3. In the Synchronization tab of the Gateway Cluster Properties window define the secured network.

The old sync method is enabled using the old method: by writing the IP of the peer VPN-1/FireWall-1 module to the $FWDIR/conf/sync.conf file on each module and running putkey between the VPN-1/FireWall-1 modules and the Management module.

You also have to go into cpconfig and enable HA/State Sync on both modules.

Regards,
Arnor Arnason