[FW-1] NG SMTP security server problems & missing doc

I am using a Firewall-1 NG on linux redhat 7.2 with kernel 2.4.9-13.
I have some problems with the SMTP security server: sometimes mails get stuck in the queue and neither recipient nor sender are informed of that. I am trying to debug the problem but the SMTP security server has changed and no doc is available

Here are my questions

. the /etc/fw/spool directory now contains subdirectories as D_resend, .... What are these directories? I find my stucked mails in the D_resend directory but not in the spool. I tried moving the files to the spool and it seems that some mails went through.

. the fw mdq command does not exist anymore. How can I start the delivery again? What directory is it using?

. the file controling the dequeing agent is smtp.conf in /etc/fw/conf. I tried to modify settings directly in it but they are overwritten at policy install.
I find out that it is possible to modify some with the gui in the properties of the Firewall module. But not all of them are available in the gui.
I tried then a dbedit but this failed since it can not find the "smtp" item in the objet:
(assume fw is my object, and the propertie i want to modify is smtp_detailed_err_msg)
dbedit network_objetcs fw smtp:smtp_detailed_err_msg true
When you "vi" the object*5*.C, you can see it ! Where is my mistake?