Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote INSIDE internal network

> But, but, but... Wireless is a HUGE security hole,
> even with WEP turned on, since anyone within a quarter
> mile can infiltrate your network.

I know, I know...it wasn't my idea...mgmt. wanted it (and it's not a quarter
mile...more like 100 ft.)  That's one reason I chose the router over the
access point, hoping to control what is allowed across it.  I'm also using
the access filters to only allow particular MAC addressed cards to access
the wireless network.  Also, it is only live when visitors are here (1-3
users, 2-3 days a week).

> Running everything through the VPN is a very good
> solution to this problem.  Instead of looking at how
> you can keep people from having to run the VPN, you
> should be looking at how to force them to use it!
>
> Or, if you don't think this is a problem, then why do
> you have a firewall?

Well, ALL of this is within my firewalled network.  Users on the wireless
network only need to access the mail server (internal) and the Internet.  It
is obvious I want the wireless network protected by the firewall just as any
other network, and these users are INSIDE my perimeter, so as far as the VPN
is concerned, they are already at the endpoint.

Chris