[FW-1] Securemote and keep_alive

Hi everybody.

We have a question about the behaviour of Secure Remote. We don't understand very well how Secure Remote keeps the encrypted tunnel while there is no activity (using the keep_alive parameters). We notice that several icmp packets are detected between the client and the firewall while using a administrator profile, so the tunnel is opened all the time (great!).

But if we login using a domain user, those packets aren't sent and the tunnel falls down after 15 minutes of inactivity.

The client computer have been applied a strong hardening, and it's possible that the problem is the integration between the OS hardening and SecuRemote.

We would like to know which is the mechanism employed by SecuRemote to send the icmp packets, if it uses Windows DLLs, or other Windows staff. ...

OS: Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a (Spanish)
Secure Remote v7.5

Thanks in advance.

José Alberto Acebes Ariño
Finmatica Intesis, S.A.
Musgo, 5 1ª planta
28023 - Madrid
tel: +34 91 7080404
móvil: +34 647535309
fax: +34 91 7080403
[email protected]

Este mensaje y cualquier anexo al mismo son confidenciales y previstos
solamente para los destinatarios.
Se prohíbe cualquier uso o difusión no autorizada.
Los e-mail son susceptibles a la alteración.
FINMATICA ESPAÑA declina toda responsabilidad y obligación si el mensaje
está alterado, cambiado o falsificado.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
FINMATICA ESPAÑA  shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.