Re: [FW-1] Does anyone know how to block Kazaa, Morpheus and all these paras ites on a FW-1 ?

Hello,

at first I am the same opinion as Dimitris, you better use another strategy
for policy.

But anyway if you don't want to change it, blocking tcp and udp port 1214
does not prevent users from using kazaa or morpheus. These applications can
use socks proxys for connecting, so if a user has access to a socks-proxy
outside your firewall, he can use kazaa.
b.t.w tools like httport has a built in socks proxy. So a user can use this
socks proxy and can tunnel all kazaa-traffic trough http and it seems for
you they only browse the web.
So I think you have no chance at your firewall. You have to secure theis
desktops (host security not only network security) !!!

best regards fitz