[FW-1] Problem with ICMP redirect

Dear friends

I need ICMP re-direct to work on Checkpoint NG firewall running on LINUX
operating system.

I need it to send back the whole route if possible to the Windows clients
for a corporate WAN router.

I have noticed that:

When I ping the firewall the ping is excepted to the firewall the reply gets
the dropped with the message

ICMP-type0 icmp-code 0 message_info ICMP packet out of state.

This even when I have opened all services to my workstation.

Setting Accept ICMP requests to first in Global Properties I am still not
able ping even the firewall.

I think there is something in the firewall that is disabling ICMP. Only when
I have figured out what it is will I be able to get the ICMP redirect to
work.

If someone knows how to enable ICMP in the Checkpoint firewall software
could they please let me know how to.

Thanks for your help.

Simon Spurrell

Tecan Group (Switzerland)