Re: [FW-1] A few simple questions...

Hi Tim

>1.  From the command line, what statement do I use to verify a policy is
installed correctly?

On the module: fw stat   will tell you policy name and when it installed.

>2.  With NG FP1 on Windows 2000 Server, how do I redirect logs to a
different location
> other than the default?  In FW1 ver 4.1 on Windows NT 4.0 Server, it was a
reg hack.

As far as I'm aware, it still is....

>3.  What authentication type would I use if I wanted to force a user to
authenticate for
>every HTTP request?

Why would you want to do that? Every GIF file, every banner ad...?! Yuk!
You could use pretty much any of the auth mechanisms to do this if you apply
yourself :-)

>4.  What authentication type would I use that could be configured to
benefit the
>administrator by logging the most 'granular' activity?  Basically, what
would give me the >most detailed log in case I wanted to search specific
activity?

What specific activity do you want to look for? It depends... Personally,
I'd play about for a bit and see which gave me the info I needed...

Hope that helps (a bit..)

Tom Rowan
BSc (Hons), CCSE+, CCNA..
Security Consultant
Security Alchemy Ltd.
T: +44 (0) 7773 387 997
Im hoping I can get some FIRM answers on a few questions.  Checkpoint
VPN-1/Firewall-1 NG FP1 on Windows 2000 Server is the environment.

1.  From the command line, what statement do I use to verify a policy is
installed correctly?

2.  With NG FP1 on Windows 2000 Server, how do I redirect logs to a
different location other than the default?  In FW1 ver 4.1 on Windows NT 4.0
Server, it was a reg hack.

3.  What authentication type would I use if I wanted to force a user to
authenticate for every HTTP request?

4.  What authentication type would I use that could be configured to benefit
the administrator by logging the most 'granular' activity?  Basically, what
would give me the most detailed log in case I wanted to search specific
activity?

Thanks for your time.
tim