Re: [FW-1] More than One ISP but One Firewall

It's not gonna look as nice as Visio, but here goes. ;-)

ISP#1                 ISP#2
 |                            |
  |                          |
     |                     |
            |          |
        EDGE.ROUTER  w/RPS unit.

           Switch ----- Switch  (linked redundant switches w/RPS unit)
                 |              |
                 |              |
                FWa --   FWb=======paralell feed to DMZ (dual switches again..)
                 |              |
           Switch------Switch + RPS (network core or whatever)

           Core router w/RPS  (default gateway for LAN segment)

This is the basic idea. Ideally you want redundant edge & core routers, use iBGP to have the edge talk to the core and figure out the best exit from the network. FWa & FWb share a VIP, so it's just one default route out / in.

hth

Joe

>>> Joe Bloggs <[email protected]> 03/13/02 12:37PM >>>
You won't happen to have a simple diagram of your setup for us to have a
look at would you ? easy to visualise ...

Thanks!