[FW-1] VPN <-> Netscreen - 2 questions

We're trying to set up a vpn between our firewall-1 4.1 and a netscreen
server.
The first question I have is about the setup of the local vpn workstation
object. When it is defined, it is actually a  duplicate of the existing
gateway
object (except for the gateway/vpn details). Since it defines the gateway
itself, the Policy Editor returns a warning that an object already exists.
Should
we proceed with the independent object, or  should we just enter the vpn
config into the existing default firewall object? We tried both.  When we
created
a duplicate firewall object, the firewall stopped passing packets. When we

updated the existing object, the firewall was ok, but errors appear in the
eventlog;
application errors are " ISAKMP AddNegotiation: try to handle too many
negotiations",
which appears about every 20 seconds , and "WARNING: Empty Encryption
Domain..", which appears once. The system errors are "error 0xc0000005"
and
"copyin: failure copying 56 bytes from 0xf1dcf6b8". I've been searching
for clues
for some time now with no luck. Any help, tips, references, appreciated.
Thanks
for taking the time to read this.