[FW-1] Rule 998; MS-RPC; Port 135

FW: FW-1 4.1 sp2

I have a rule allowing host-A in my dmz  _ANY_ communication with Any
network in my corp net.
I have a correlating rule allowing ANY network in my corp to  _ANY_
communication with the DMZ.

so my rules read as such:::

hst-a   any     any     accept  long
any     hst-a   any     accept  long

hst-a is a win2K box that is trying to enumerate a domain [among other
things].  It is failing on "rule 998"
Now, I don't have 998 rules [59  to be exact]  I am not NATing or such.

A look of the traffic [w/ a sniffer] and all I see is the initial SYN packet
with a dest port of 135.  The packet doesn't look malformed [hey it's only
the SYN packet]....
The firewall accepts it on SBIF0, but then rejects it on the way out the
door on SBIF1.   So my analysis is that it makes it through the FW's IP
stack on SBIF0, get's routed, then fails on the Outbound stack on SBIF1.

But why?

And I've sniffed the ether on SBIF1 to make sure it wasn't the host-B that
sent back a RST.  It's the FW.

Thoughts?

I've scoured Google & Phoneboy with no luck.  Google came back with one hit,
but no one answered the thread...just that it sounded like he had something
similar to what I have...

Many thanks
TroyC