[FW-1] Netbios between CP 4.1 and SonicWall VPN Problems

I have a vendor that is supporting one of our internal systems, and needs to have a drive mapped to the server in question.  The problem that is happening is that they cannot access the netbios name of the server until after they do a PING <ip address of server> -a.  After doing the ping -a they can see the server.  They can do a regular ping to the server, and get a response back, but until they do a ping -a, they cannot use the netbios name on a NET USE statement.

Is there something that they have to do, or I have to change on my firewall to keep this connection active?

Thanks,

Sean P. Donaghey