Re: [FW-1] SecuRemote Hide NAT issue

> How can users VPN in (using SecuRemote) to a network, go to a website, and
> have their web traffic look like it originated within that network and NOT
> their ISP?
> SecuRemote users VPN inside the school LAN ok, but when they try to go to
> these online jourals, they are force to authenticate.  The online journals
> see their ISP IP address, and NOT IP address on the outside of the hide-NAT
> setup.
> How do I fix this so that SecuRemote users can see these online journals
> from home?
This is the correct behavior. The online magazine is not within the
encryption domain of the college so the client never encrypts the traffic.
Even if you made the magazine within the encryption domain, it would
still not work because return traffic would most likely not get routed
correctly. You would need to set up a proxy server inside the university
that people could use while browsing this web site. They would need to
launch SR, then point their browsers at this proxy, then browser the site,
and disable it all when done.

-don