Re: [FW-1] Multiple internal interfaces

> From: Reed Mohn, Anders
>
> Then, as Kevin pointed out, you have a few
> challenges to meet.
>
> Be sure to draw yourself a throughly detailed map
> of how routing will be for your machines,
> and for different types of traffic.
>
> For instance, traffic leaving the FW through
> Router 1, cannot have replies coming back through
> router 2.

Why not? I once had such a setup on a Nokia box, as a customer changed ISP
and we had both lines connected (one at the v35 interface and one at an
ethernet interface) for a limited period to make the rollover go smoothly.
The anti spoofing config during that period of time might not have been the
best (don't remember), but atleast the routing worked well avoiding unneeded
downtime.

We could access services on both new and old addresses and as the request
packets came from the two different interfaces the packets where leaving the
firewall the firewall in the def gw direction (the new and faster line).

After a few days nearly all requests were coming through the new line and we
disconnected the old one.

Lars