[FW-1] Solaris8 NG FP1 CPHA - Possible to use virtual interface as uniqu e management IP?

I have two firewall clusters that I'd like to manage with the same
Enterprise Management Console.  One cluster is physically close to the EMC
but the other is across a high bandwidth WAN link several miles away.

I'm trying to configure the remote cluster with virtual management
interfaces on the same subnet as the internal interface of my cluster as we
may have some difficulty extending the management network to that location
and I'd also like to spare a physical NIC if possible.

I imagine there would be some very interesting routing and arp issues with
this scenario and I know Solaris likes to send packets from a virtual NIC
out with the primary IP of that NIC.

Is anyone doing this or considering something of this nature?  I'd like to
collect some best practices for managing multiple clusters with one EMC.

Thanks,

        J. Seann Dorand
        Conectiv Infrastructure