[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Matthias Leu
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 11:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] upgrade 4.1 -> NG FP-1

richard marshall wrote:

> Hello,
> I am managing a distributed FW-1/VPN-1 environment. Currently
managment and
> gateways are all running fw-1 4.1. One gateway is a nokia VRRP HA
gateway.
> (4.1 - SP-5)
> I upgraded the managment station to NG FP-1 but have a number of
errors. I
> used the downloads to upgrade as i am still waiting for the disk with
the
> 'wrappers'. I'm not convinced that the backward compatibility section
is
> installed sucesfully. (though i believe it is)
> Firstly, the log viewer doesn't display any logs, except daemon events
on
> the managment server - is this simply because i havn't doen the
putkeys yet?
> The second problem is more annoying.... When i verify the policy, the
policy
> fails saying that i need to define with interfaces the HA firewalls
use to
> communicate. The problem is that the Cluster object, and the member
objects
> have no where that i can define this. Is it possible to manage a 4.1
cluster
> with an NG station, or am I going to have to upgrade all of it for it
> work?
> should i expect any other problems to arise in such an environment?
> regards
> rich
> p.s. i have gone back to 4.1 until i finally get my disk...

Hi Rich,
for the upgrade from 4.1 to NG try http://www.fw-1.de/aerasec/41-ng/
Due to Secure Internal Communication (SIC), you won't need nomore any
putkeys.

You define each Firewall which is member of the cluster and bind them
together
by defining a new NetworkObject - GatewayCluster.

Hope it helps,
best regards,
Matthias
http://www.fw-1.de