Re: [FW-1] problems with DMZ and NAT

That's right. You can't. It's supposed to be that way.

I'm not completely sure, but I think this is what happens:

web1(private addr) pings web2(public addr)

fw translates this to
web1(private addr) pings web2(private addr)

web2(private addr) replies to web1(private addr)

web1 expects answer from web2(public addr) so
it just ignores that reply.

You have two possible solutions:
1. Set up DNS-records so that these servers
alway use the internal addresses.

2. Add a NAT-rule on top of the "public" address NAT-rules,
that says  DMZ  to DMZ  -->  orig  orig, to avoid any NAT happening at all.

Cheers,