Re: [FW-1] Secure Client

Solution Title:
 What are the license requirements for SecuRemote/SecureClient in NG?
Solution ID:
 sk6564
Creation Date:
 07/31/2001
Last Modified Date:
 10/22/2001

Problem Description:  What are the license requirements for
SecuRemote/SecureClient in NG?

Environment:  Check Point NG
FireWall-1 NG
VPN-1 NG
SecureClient NG
SecuRemote NG
License
cp.macro

Solution: For SecuRemote users only, the SecuRemote license is free of
charge and needs to be installed on the VPN-1/FireWall-1 Module from which
SecuRemote will download the topology. For SecureClient NG two separate
licenses are required:

1. On the Management Server: SecureClient user license specifying the number
of SecureClient users allowed.
2. On the Policy Server's VPN/FireWall Module: Policy Server license.

The license specifications are in the file $FWDIR/conf/cp.macro. General
information is given below:

CPVP-VSS-1-NG Secure Server License
CPVP-VPS-1-NG Policy Server License
CPVP-VSC--NG Secure Client License (=number of users allowed)
CPVP-VSR-xxx-NG Secure Remote License (xxx=number of users allowed)