Re: [FW-1] WebSense and FW-1 NG

Micah

This was happening at my office.  If you check your logs are you seeing a
message Action is ctl , and Info. is  "too many hosts" or "too many
internal hosts"?  Rebooting the firewall clears the cache and will
"temporarily" resolve the problem.   However, if it is happening
continually you need to upgrade your license to allow for more nodes.  If I
understand correctly it calculates the nodes based on IP address.

                    Micah Baker <[email protected]>
                    Sent by: Mailing list for discussion       To:
                    of Firewall-1                               [email protected]
                    <[email protected]       cc:
                    point.com>                                 Subject:     [FW-1] WebSense and FW-1 NG

                    02/22/2002 07:08 PM
                    Please respond to Mailing list for
                    discussion of Firewall-1

Hi,

Every few days or so, my FW-1 NG (FixPack-1) box stops providing HTTP
service to clients and the only fix is to reboot the firewall.  We have
WebSense (4.3) running on a different machine, but it doesn't seem to be
the
problem.  No matter what machine I install WebSense on, this happens.
Sometimes it will go a week or two and die, other times it is every other
day.  It also seems to only happen when a decent number of users are on the
Internet.  No other services are effected, just the HTTP server.  Anyone
else had this problem?

Micah