Re: [FW-1] Firewall logs

Thanks Don

1.
I found the kpop searching through google. if any one is interested, it is
said

"KPOP is a kerberized POP3 proxy for UNIX and Windows. The idea is simple:
user connects to the proxy on localhost, and then the proxy connects to
the real server and uses the users' KDBTGT to authenticate. "

So i will try to dig in to my firewall config and see why it was trying to
use this. The only thing is I dont know how firewall logged the port as
"kpop" as it is not listed in the services. I suppose may be there are
services which the fw doesnt show to the user in that dialog box.

2.
port 1040 is not  extremely important but I an just curious as to why
everybody in the internet (which is trying to connecting in to my fw) is
trying this specific port. There may be some vulnerability associated with
this port.

well if I find anything i will post it .

Thanks

Don <[email protected]>
Sent by: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
<[email protected]>
22/02/2002 12:14
Please respond to Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1