From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 11:24 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Firewall logs

Hello,

This may be a little out of the subject matter but but u guys are the best
to answer this.

Last 13th one of our staff has accesed  a website called www.bravenet.com
and ever since (6 days now) a server from their domain
"arrowrev.bravenet.com"  it is trying to connect in to my proxy server http
port every 2 minutes. My fw is dropping the packet on rule 0 with "unknown
established TCP packet".  My firewall only allows my internal clients to
access my proxy. Therefore any attempt to access the proxy by any other
machine should be dropped by the clean up rule.

So I have 2 issues

1.   Has anyone come across this web site trying to connect to internal
machines?. If so any explanations?

2.   Why does the fw drop the connection with "unknown established TCP
packet" ?. The Secureknowladge site says  "This message refers to a reply
packet from an established connection for which FireWall-1 has no state
information saved. " . Then why does it allow to establish a initial
connection since this connection should never have been made as it is not
allowed to access the proxy server ?

Thanks in advance

Nishan