[FW-1]

I have recently upgraded from Firewall-1 4.1 to NG
(Solaris)

I am seeing problems with mails being rejected due to
their size i.e. too much mail data

I have tried increasing the value for "don't accept
mail greater than" in the smtp resource but it doesn't
seem to have an affect.  The previous limit was
10000KB
which never caused a problem.  Increasing this to 17MB
still resulted in rejected mail in NG and I'm told
some of
the mail being rejected was as small as 1.5MB!  There
doesn't seem to be an option for accepting mail of any
size (blank and 0 are not valid values)

As the next attempt to fix I changed the value of
max_mail_size in smtp.conf from 1000 to 5000000 and
rebooted the firewall.  "large" mail is still being
rejected.

Does anyone have any pointers on what to try next?
I've checked the secure knowledgebase at
checkpoint.com
and phoneboy's site already without any luck.

Is this a bug in NG?  Should their be an option to
allow mail of any size in?  Is there a limit on the
maximum value allowed to be specified in max_mail_size
or in the smtp resource?  Does setting it too high
break it?

Any guidance appreciated.

TIA

dvm.