[FW-1] WinNT, FW-1, FG-1 - FG-1 works sometimes??

Title: WinNT, FW-1, FG-1 - FG-1 works sometimes??

Hi, we've got several installations of FW-1 4.1 running on NT 4 sp6a.  On all of these setups we've also got FloodGate installed.

However, for some reason FloodGate seems to work on one of these setups, but not on 5 or 6 others.  The config is identical; we've tried upgrading/downgrading checkpoint service packs on the non-working units, no effect; there are no errors, all services start just fine and also no errors when I install a policy from the GUI; we've tried making "traffic control" apply on all interfaces, on just the internal interface, on just the external interface, both directions, and just one direction.  Doesn't make any difference at all (ie, machines behind the firewall server get identical speeds regardless, using any one of the free "bandwidth measurement" websites).

To make this more interesting, we've run into a former Checkpoint employee (albeit a salesperson, so grain of salt ;) who said there have been long-time issues with FloodGate and FW-1 on NT.  However, Checkpoint's documentation and website insist it should work...

Has anyone else run into this??  Our other thought was to move to a 2-server setup, one just does FW-1, one just does FloodGate.  Any experience there??  (and no, moving to another OS other than Win2k is not an option)

Thanks,

Glenn