Mark

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Scott
Friedman
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 3:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Can anyone assist - HTTPS authentication

Sorry for the repost, hoping someone cal assist with this
THanks

Hi All....

I have a customer who requires both HTTP as well as HTTPS
authentication on their 4.1 FW-1 running on Solaris.  HTTP
Authentication works fine, but when I configured HTTPS according to
CheckPoint's tech site (edit fwauthd.conf and add in.ahttpd to it, as
well as change HTTPS to a URI service) it just hangs..

I tried setting the Proxy settings on the browser to point to the
Firewall, which worked, but made HTTP and HTTPS pages load
*dreadfully*
slow.. settting the proxy back to blank made the HTTP back to normal
speed, but HTTPS pages just time out loading.

Anyone have any information that might be helpful?

Thanks a lot.

Scott J. Friedman, MCSE CCSE CCNA
Security Engineer
Ideal Technology Solutions, Inc