Re: [FW-1] can't install securemote/secureclient

Thanks.  Turns out I had done most of what I needed, but fogot to delete
'fw1' registry entries.

Cox, Dirk wrote:

Environment:  VPN-1 SecureClient 4.1
VPN-1 SecuRemote 4.1
Windows 2000
Windows NT Server 4.0
Installation

Symptoms: Error during the installation of VPN-1 SecuRemote/VPN-1 SecureClient Error: "FireWall-1 is already installed on this machine"

Cause: The previous installation of VPN-1 SecuRemote/VPN-1 SecureClient was
not fully uninstalled.

Solution: Using regedit or regedt32, delete the FW1 keys from the following
registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

Note: A reboot is required after deleting the above registry keys

Thanks,

Dirk Cox
perotsystems / ANC Rental Corporation
phone:fax:mailto:[email protected]

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Calabrese [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 2:30 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [FW-1] can't install securemote/secureclient

Hi folks,

Just re-imaged my PC with XP and I'm having a bit of a problem
installing SecuRemote/SecureClient.

I started installing an older version, realized what I was doing, and
aborted.

Now, when I try to install, I get the following error message:
"Setup has found that Firewall-1 is installed on this computer.  Please
uninstall it before installing SecuRemote."

Of course, there's no way of doing that, since it never finished
installing....

I've deleted all files I could find, plus the obvious CheckPoint
registry tree, but it still doesn't work.

Anybody seen this before.  Are there some non-obvious registry settings
to delete, or some such?

--
Chris Calabrese, GCIA
Internet Security Analyst

-- Chris Calabrese, GCIA Internet Security Analyst MerckMedco.com