Re: [FW-1] can't install securemote/secureclient

We just had the same problem earlier this week.  Here's what my desktop
support guys told me they did --

Here's what I had to do to get the CheckPoint software to install.  Using
regedit, I did a search for FW1.  When I found it, I was unable to delete
it because the key was locked.  So I had to flip over to using regedt32 and
search for FW1 there.  Once I found it, I had to modify the security
settings of the key to give me full access to it, which permitted me to
finally delete it.  I think there were 3 or 4 instances of FW1 in the
registry.  Also, I searched for "checkpoint" and "securemote" and deleted
them just to be sure.

After getting rid of all those keys, I rebooted and was able to
successfully get the software installed.