Re: [FW-1] Redundant firewalls without fancy software?

unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Gianna [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 12:09 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Redundant firewalls without fancy software?

Check out a switch-based solution:

www.radware.com

Dave Gianna, MS, CCSE, CCSI, NSA, RSA/CA
Technical Sales Engineer
Security Technologies GroupWestcon, Inc. <http://www.westcon.com/online/>
520 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591

"It's time to reach the goals we set for ourselves"
                       -- Trevor Rabin/Jon Anderson

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          agentstazi   |
|        |          <agentstazi@C|
|        |          OX.NET>      |
|        |                       |
|        |          02/18/02     |
|        |          11:35 AM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          Mailing list |
|        |          for          |
|        |          discussion of|
|        |          Firewall-1   |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->

-|

  |       To:     [email protected]
|
  |       cc:     (bcc: David Gianna/Westchester/Westcon/US/WestconGroup)
|
  |       Subject:     [FW-1] Redundant firewalls without fancy software?

-|

Hi,

New to the list and CP, so bare with me.  I have 4 FW1 boxes all running on
Solaris.  Each box with 8 NICS (2 quad cards)FE.  I would like to have some
type
of HA Redundancy without having to buy anymore software.  Is there a way
that if
one firewall fails that it will switch over to the standby FW?

Stephen