Re: [FW-1] Coexistence 4.1/NG

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Coexistence 4.1/NG
  • From: "Roelandts, Guy" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:44:57 +0100
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Yannick and others,

   Having done it, and several times to test it before in our lab. Here
are the things
 I experienced.

   Yes you can run a NG FP1 Management Server and manage 4.1 modules,
but, in the lab
 I did not have to redo the putkey stuff just a download of the security
policy and
 everything started working. At a customer, upgraded yesterday, I had to
redo the
 whole putkey stuff as the 3 Firewall modules stopped logging and I was
not able to
 fetch nor push security policies. Further more if you are running
Floodgate-1 and
 SecureClient watch out, I have a strange problem escalated to
CheckPoint for the
 moment with this combination, reproducible at will.

   With regards to the modules, upgrade one first, then the second one
when you are
 sure the other one can get it's policy and log to the Management
Server, this is the
 way I plan to upgrade the modules of the installation I was talking
about.

   I have some other minor 'cosmetic' issues too ... but have
work-around in place
 for them.

Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien a vous - Kind regards
Guy ROELANDTS
EMEA GS Internet Expertise Centre - CCSA & CCSE
Compaq Software Engineer - Belgium
E-mail : [email protected]
Tel: +32(02)729.77.44 (options 3 - 3 - 1)
Fax: +32(02)729.77.65
This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information,
and is intended only for the person/entity to whom it was originally
addressed. The content of this message may contain private views and
opinions which do not constitute a formal disclosure or commitment
unless specifically stated. Should you receive this message by mistake
please inform the sender immediately.