Re: [FW-1] ldap authentication

Your reseller lied to you.  You need the Account Management License installed to use an external LDAP directory.  You can manage your directory with the AMC without this license but the FW won't even look to it.

Chris
-----Original Message-----
From: Anuska Aragon Fernandez [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 12:02 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] ldap authentication

Hi.

I have fw-1 NG installed in a RedHat 7.2 machine and a Netscape Directory server.
I'd like to do authentication using ldap.
I don't have the LDAP Account Management license (My reseller says I don't need it to do authentication), so I can't check the
option "Use LDAP account management" in the Global Properties form.
I can define my LDAP Account Unit, I can use it to see and modify my LDAP directory structure and users and to define external groups.
I can use external groups in client authentication rules. But when I try to authenticate I get the message "Access denied by Unix"

I don't known which Authentication Schema should I use. I can choose between "Undefined", "SecurID", "VPN-1 & Firewall-1 Password", "OS Password", "RADIUS", "S/Key", "AXENT Pathways Defender" and "TACACS".
I have tried "Undefined", "VPN-1 & Firewall-1  Password" and "OS Password" and none of them works.
I don't know if this is the problem or there is some configuration problem.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

--
A n u s k a     A r a g ó n
Servicio Informático              e-mail: [email protected]