[FW-1] Multicast Routing Problem

Hi,

I am trying to firewall a multicast application, pim spare mode, with a CheckPoint NG/Solaris 8 firewall running mrouted. The application does not function with the firewall, although I can snoop igmp requests from the client to the firewall however the firewall is not sending traffic to the address of the multicast application on the client subnet. If I replace the firewall with a Cisco router running DVMRP the application works

Any advice greatly appreciated?

Regards,

Paul

Paul Pearston

dns ltd.

One St Colme Street

Edinburgh

EH3 6AA

t:      08700 858555

m:    07980 215585
f:      08700 858556

the sender immediately and then delete from your system.

for the presence of known computer viruses.