[FW-1] Problem using SecuRemote Over NAT'ed connection

I have an increasing number of users that need to connect back to my company
using SecuRemote over NAT'ed connections like business versions of ADSL that
does hide node address translation. I've read several papers on how to do
this such as Checkpoints "Hybrid Mode IKE for SecuRemote Authentication"
(http://support.checkpoint.com/kb/docs/public/securemote/4_1/pdf/hybrid-2-10
.pdf) and the paper written by Eric White on phoneboy
(http://www.phoneboy.com/docs/secureclient-nat.pdf) but to no avail.

The problem is as follows. My clients can connect using IKE and browse my
internal LAN over a normal dialup or ADSL connection that allocates them a
legal IP address. Over any sort of NAT'ed connection they can perform a
topology request and authenticate using their SecureID account but that's
where the success turns to failure and I can get no response from my
internal network over the client VPN.

When I look at the log viewer I see the SecuRemote connection coming into
the FW and the source address is the external legal address (217.36.88.125)
of the switch doing the NAT sitting infont of my secuRemote client. However
once the user has been authenticated and the keys have been installed the
source address changes to the INTERNAL illegal address (192.168.101.1) of
the SecuRemote client. The data therefore comes into our internal network
and to the destination server (172.16.0.5) but the response back to the
SecuRemote client from my internal network is not routable as the reply
address is invalid (192.168.101.1). Does this mean the UDP encapsulation is
not working?

SecuRemote     ---->  Router(Int)       /  Router(Ext)         ---->
FW-1(Ext)       / FW-1(Int)    ----> Server
192.168.101.1   ---->  192.168.101.2  /  217.36.88.125     ---->
192.168.50.4   / 172.16.0.1  ----> 172.16.0.5

So far I have....
1.) created an Internal Certificate Authority
Firewall# cd $FWDIR/bin
Firewall# fwstop
Firewall# fw internalca create -dn "o=organization, c=us"
Firewall# fw internalca certify -o Firewall "o=organization, c=us"
Firewall# fwstart

2.) Setup my user to use IKE
3.) Added the following to the Object.C file....
:isakmp.udpencapsulation (
    :resource (
      :type (refobj)
      :refname ("#_udp_encapsulation")
    )
    :active (true)
)

...And...
:userc_IKE_NAT (true)
:userc_NAT (true)

4.)and added ...":force_udp_encapsulation (true) " to the
$FWDIR\database\userc.C file on the client.

If anyone can see what I've missed or shed any light on this your comments
will be gratefully received.

        Dean Gorton
        Senior Network Analyst

        *       [email protected]

        *       Macmillan Limited,

 DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone
who is not the original intended recipient.  If you have received this
e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or
any other storage mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of
its agents accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the
sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers
Limited or one of its agents. Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers
Limited nor any of its agents accept any responsibility for viruses that may
be contained in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility
to scan the email and attachments (if any).  No contracts may be concluded
on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail
communication. Macmillan Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales
with registered number 785998 Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills,
Basingstoke RG21 6XS