Re: [FW-1] Email stuck in $fwdir/spool

Hi:

I have experienced a similar problem, and here are a couple of things that
worked:

1) Look at the timestamp of the oldest message in the queue. If it is
significantly older than the rest of the messages, try moving it to a
different directory and bounce the firewall. If the FW-1 mail daemon gets a
message it deems "corrupt", the mail-dequeuer can stop sending mail.
2) Determine what is the maximum message size your firewall will accept. If
there is a message in the queue that is exactly that size, move it to a
different directory and bounce the firewall.

No guarantees, but this has worked for us before. Hope that helps.

Bob Webber
AT&T Global Network Services
Tel:Fax:Notes: Bob Webber/Markham/IBM@IBMCA
Internet: [email protected]

"Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority" - Doctor Who

"Simons, Jay" <[email protected]>@beethoven.us.checkpoint.com> on 02/08/2002
03:08:12 PM

Please respond to Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
       <[email protected]>

Sent by:    Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
       <[email protected]>