Re: [FW-1] Problem with SecuRemote

>Have you been able to perform a traffic dump on the firewall or internal
>network?
No.  We will have to go out to the CoLo and put a sniffer on the line.
However, the fw log shows the connection coming in and authenticating
successfully.  It gives out the first IP address in the pool.
It also shows the Action of "decrypt" for the destination host.

>Does the host that you are connecting to with SR see the connection? It
>should show up in a netstat -an.
Yes.  The first IP address in the pool shows up with netstat.

>Does the host you are connecting to with SR have an ARP entry for the IP
>NAT Pool address? If so is the MAC address that of the firewall? Are you
>positive? :)
Yes.  The ARP entry shows up after I try to connect to the machine.
It shows as Dynamic and it does have the MAC address of the 66.x interface
of the firewall.

>If the host is seeing the connection, and the MAC address is correct, then
>this should be working.
My sentiments exactly.

Do you absolutely need to use IP NAT Pools for this? Does it work if you
do not use NAT Pools?
No.  I thought I had to.  I tried removing all of the NAT pool stuff, but
I still cant get it to work.

>In relation to the diagram that you provided, where is the SR client?
The client is sitting out on any other network.  I am configuring the client
to connect to the 12.x address of the firewall.  Typically
the client will connect via DSL or cable.  Right now I am connecting via DSL
through
a Lynksys switch an a 68.x network.

One more thing.  I noticed that when I bounce my fw, I get a message saying
"too many internal hosts".
I read somewhere that this could indicate that the external interface is not
configured correctly.
Could this be the problem?  I have a license for 25 host, and I am well
under that.

Thanks,

-Scott

-Don