From: Leo Badinger [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 9:30 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Static NAT and Port Translation

I'm running FW-1 Version 4.0 on NT 4.0

I currently have an internal host using a private address 192.168.1.1. I
have this host setup to use Static NAT to the external address
209.124.222.1. It appears as though the firewall is translating the port
numbers as well as the IP address. Is this normal?  If I capture packets on
the dmz segment and issue an snmpget command from my internal host to an
internet host I see the translated IP address but the SNMP ports it's using
are 55000, 56,000 etc.  Is there a way to make it use the original port
(161) and not translate that?

Thanks.

Leo Badinger