Re: [FW-1] RapidStream vs Nokia/Pix 535

* Has anyone implemented the RapidStream NG on Gigabit
environment (1 gbps).

I have tested it myself and it rocks. There are a few ISP's in our area that
are going to give it a run in March.

* I've checked their page only 11000 model has a
gigabit throughput. And the price is 95.000$. However,
Nokia 740 is 75.000$ above the gigabit throughput.

I'm sure a VAR or Rapidstream themselves would be very competitive.

* RapidStream gives some test results on webpage. Is
there a detailed analysis on their site? (Different
packet sizes, UDP, TCP etc.)

There was an analysis done by the Tolly group on all the other fw in their
product line but the 11000 is brand new.

* Would you compare it with Cisco Pix 535?

The 535 doesn't compare. The E11000 is in a class by itself.

* I have seen the HW model. I think its HW structure
is based on a Netscreen FW.

Its asic architecture is all its own and doesn't draw anything from a
Netscreen other than the fact that its an asic based firewalling platform.

* How is the support? (Especially International
support)

Their tech support has been excellent...most times issuing custom patches by
the next day. Something Nokia and Checkpoint don't do.