From: BY [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] IP Address for FW Checkpoint Server

Dear all,

My vendor recommends me to use private class B IP Address on Firewall
Checkpoint which is not convincing me at this stage because of my
following belief:-

1. Firewall (as the primary interface with outside world for my internal
network), it needs to use registered Class C IP address.

2. If possible it is good setup to have 3 NIC on the Firewall. 1 NIC IP
to interface directly with the public network with configured gateway
address ; 1 NIC IP as DMZ IP without configuring gateway IP address ; 1
NIC IP to talk to internal network without configuring gateway IP
address.

Don't you think?

BY