[FW-1] recreating rulebases in NG... Anybody know how???

I just made the mistake of upgrading to FP1 on a Windows 2000 server.  It
was running OK with NG hf2.

I had a policy saved as a 010701a  and there was a corresponding 010701a.W
file in $FWDIR/conf.

Now after upgrading to FP1 it tells me that you now must SAVE policies with
an ALPHA character as the first character and will
not allow me to save the the above rule as A010701a  or even recreate the
other policies I have created before.  The .W files exist but I cannot see
them with the new FP1 gui client.

All is out of whack and I'd like to rename my rulebases from the old format
of mmddyyA to Ammddyy but the GUI won't let me.

If I could just copy 010701a.W to A010701.W and then recreate the rulebase
then that would be great but I know that won't work.

My .W files and my rulebases_5_0.fws file is totally out of whack..  I can't
see my rulebases as listed in the GUI.

Used to be in 4.1 you could recover your rulebases.fws file by doing

fwm -g *.W

Well, This option still does exist under NG and it creates a rulebases.fws
file but This is of absolutely no use in NG.

How can you recover rulebases in NG???   Its driving me nutz..

Miles D. Oliver
Senior Systems Engineer - CCSA/CCSE
The Legnem Group Inc (LGI)
10450 Shaker Drive  Suite 208