[FW-1] OWA and WebDAV through FW-1

This is a recurring topic, but I couldn't find any "definitive"
solution...
I searched CP KB (nothing found!), MS KB (some info: Q296232 for
instance), CP newsgroups (nothing!), CP mailing list (no definitive
answers...), Phoneboy mailing list and www site (no definitive
solutions...).

So, I'd like to sum up something.
Problem: when accessing OWA using IE 5.0 or greater, you can login and
see the folders, but not the contents (my customer says he gets "Error
400" (bad request)). MS says this is because WebDAV methods (used by
IE5) are not "understood" by "some proxy products" (and we think CP FW-1
is one of those! :-) ). Note that no User Authentication is used on
FW-1. MS suggests to "force down" the version of IE clients with
server-side settings or to use http over SSL.

Let's suppose I want to use webdav features (so, no IE4 or Netscape) and
I can't use neither https nor vpn.

My doubt: I could not find a single document stating clearly "Checkpoint
FW-1 does not support WebDAV", but only vague references to "some proxy
servers". If I don't use User Authentication and I removed any "URI
resource" rule from my rule base, no http proxy should be in place,
right? So, WHY is webdav blocked?? Where is the mistake in my reasoning?
Is there anybody with a working OWA access with IE5 and OWA2000 through
internet and CP FW-1???

I didn't tried it on NG. OWA is mentioned on NG docs as an example for
User Authentication, but I did not find anything about "plain" OWA...
:-(

Please, let's try to say a final and clear word on these topic.

Thank you!

--
Marco Gioanola
Milano, Italy