Re: [FW-1] CVP connection problem using NAVFW

At 09:34 PM 1/30/02, Ivan More wrote:
Hi Gurus,

Wonder if you have encounter this error.

We have Norton Antivirus for Firewall (NAVFW) to scan
our incoming emails before passing it to our mail
servers. But after install the NAVFW, we receive the
following 2 errors on the NAVFW, "Error
reading/receiving data from client".

This may or not be related.  I used to see similar symptoms when I used to
run NAVFW.  We get email that contains certain non-English characters.  We
saw this every time we got a funny looking "y" character.  Whenever NAVFW
encounters a character that looks like a "y" with two dots above it, it
will never finish scanning the mail.  Doesn't matter what the size of the
file or attachment is.  Doesn't matter where the character is.  Using a
sniffer, I can see that when that character gets sent to NAVFW, it sends a
reset to the firewall and that ends the CVP session.  This continues until
the next resend and the cycle continues until the abandon time is
reached.  The firewall log says that it couldn't connect to the content
server.  When I used vi to delete the character from the FWDIR/spool/R*
file, the file would go OK.

Like I said, I don't know if this is related but the symptoms are the same.

-- Joe