Re: [FW-1] Static NAT in NT

You did add a rule to allow this traffic, didn't you?

>>> [email protected] 02/01/02 07:32AM >>>
Hey everyone, I need somebody to confirm that I'm not going crazy.  I
setup a FW machine for a client.  Real basic setup.  Running NT, FW-1
4.1 sp3.  2 Nics, one internal net, one external.  All users are HIDE
NAT but wants me to static NAT one address for a test exchange server on
internal net (yes, I know, shouldn't have it on internal net).  This
setup isn't hard by all means.  Basically,

1.  Add NAT rules
2.  Add static route
3.  Add arp entry
4.  Create local.arp in state directory

Well, I've created automatic and then manual NAT rules....doesn't work
I've put static routes...doesn't work
i've added arp entries...doesn't work
local.arp file is there...doesn't work.

That exchange server will not get passed the firewall.  I look at the
logs and they say that they are translating the address (i.e source
10.x.x.x Xlated source 209.x.x.x) but gets nowhere.  That machine cannot
even ping the internet router (default gateway for firewall) but all
other machines can.

What am I missing?  Ive set this up a million times.  Even more weird,
his current FW is the same setup, NT, 2 nics, FW-1 4.1 but on a slower
machine but NATS perfect.  I've compared the two boxes and I cannot see
what the differences are...

Any help would be great.

Thanks,..