Re: [FW-1] AW: [FW-1] Checkpoint vs. Cisco VPN Client

> Still, it is not entirely fair to be comparing CheckPoint (A firewall)
> with the Cisco VPN Concentrator. Many of the nice features available on
> the VPN concentrator do not seem to have made their way over to the PIX
> yet.

I agree that this is not an apples-to-apples comparison.  The Cisco VPN
Concentrator 3015-3080 (acquired Altiga product) is a VPN 'appliance' with
basic firewalling capabilities; CheckPoint is a firewall product with
excellent VPN capabilities.  If you want to combine your firewall and VPN
functionality into one 'box' (the advisability of which is extremely
debatable, or I should say can be depending on the size of your enterprise
and a host of other factors) then the Cisco VPN Concentrator is really only
suitable for a small environment that does not need extended firewall
capabilities.

Greg S.