From: Gasaway, Troy [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 11:18 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Checkpoint vs. Cisco VPN Client

Okay, we have a new boss how loves Cisco and he thinks it is the answer
to all. So, he has already ruled that all Site-to-Site VPNs are to be
replace with Cisco gear. Now he is asking about the client side of
Checkpoint. So, I need some strong facts as to why Checkpoint has a
better VPN setup for the client side than Cisco. Unfortunately I am not
up on Cisco products to much, but I hear that you can use Microsoft's
IPSEC client to connect to a Cisco VPN device instead of using the Cisco
client. I think this is the main reason he wants to use Cisco. Can you
use Windows 2K to connect to Checkpoint or do I have to use the
Checkpoint Client?

Thanks,
Troy