[FW-1] logging gui logins

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] logging gui logins
  • From: Jan Marsman <[email protected]>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:02:42 +0100
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Hello all,

We have some problems with the gui connecting to the managementserver (fw 4.1 sp3). Sometimes the gui-client doesn't want to connect anymore (this happens like once a week) and only a fwstop/fwstart on the management server (nokia ip650) solves the problem.

Now we want to log the fw gui login for further troubleshooting. I thought we could do this by checking the "log implied rules" in the properties window. But this only logs the traffic between the FW's and the management server and not between the gui and the management server.

Is there a way to log the login from the gui on the managment server?
Does any of you know more troubelshooting techniques for this problem?

regards,

jan marsman
CCSA