From: Christoph Stoppe [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 6:06 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] logexport fails

Hi,

i'm trying to export a accounting log created by Check Point FW-1 v4.1 SP5
(running on Redhat Linux 7.0) with the following command line:

fw logexport -i 01Jan2002-00:00:00.alog -o logfile.txt

First everything looks fine, the process runs from 0%-100% and when the
command is finished, there is an exported file. When i look into the file
there is the problem: There should be entries from 2001/12/01 to
2001/12/31, but it only contains entries until 2001/12/12. I restarted the
export several times, but this didn't help, the produced exportfile has
been of the same size on every try. The size of the original logfile is
about 200MB. Did this ever happen to one of you or do you have an idea why
the export fails? Or are there any third party products which are able to
convert an fw1 logfile to ascii?

Thanks in advance,

Christoph Stoppe
--
| a d e s s o  AG              | Fon  :|