Re: [FW-1] policy editor access problem

Hi,
the GUI connects to the Management-Module - so it's fine, if both parts (Management- and Firewall-Module) are running on the same machine.
At the Management-Module the IP-Address of the GUI-PC needs to be saved in $FWDIR/conf/gui-clients (filename all in lower cases)
If you have de-selected "Accept VPN-1/FireWall-1 Control Connections" in Policy - Properties - Security Policy, you will have to add a rule before the stealth-rule:
  GUI-PC   Management-Module   FW1_mgmt    accept   ...

At the first glance it seems to me that you have a distributed installation and try to connect to the Firewall-, not to the Management-Module?

Hope it helps,
best regards
Matthias
http://www.fw-1.de

Olivier GUILLEMIN wrote:

Hi everybody,I am a beginer with Firewall 1, i have a problem for accessing the policy editor for one of our firewalls.I load the policy editor, do enter the login and password, and the policy editor blocks when it try to load the objects..then i get the message "no response from server"my workstation is one of the GUI clients of the firewall and i can telnet the firewall....Have you ever seen this problem? Do you know any solution?ThanksOlivier GUILLEMIN
--
AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
Wagenberger Straße 1