Re: [FW-1] SecureClient

> You can only create 25 users with the policy editor. User1, User2, User3,
> ... User25. If you exceed that number the log will generate errors stating
> that you are exceeding the license limit.
>
> You can have multiple using User1, but not at the same time and I think it
> voids the "Spirit" of the license.
>
> One side note, I have exceeded my limit twice waiting for my license upgrade
> to show up. Both times I weeks of problems creating new users. Existing
> users worked, new ones did not. Coincidence?
Well I use SecurID and an ACE server with a generic* user for
authentication so does this count as 1 user? :)

Second, why am I paying for 400 personal firewalls, when they are only
in use while connected to the VPN? With FW-1 I can have a million
computers and a 25 user license, and as long as I am only using 25
computers at a time, there is no problem.

I just do not understand CheckPoint's pricing model on this one. They are
charging the same (or more) than most personal firewall programs, and the
software is less useful in most cases.

Just my two cents.

-Don