[FW-1] SUMMARY: [FW-1] fwip error message (FW-1 NG FP1)

Finally, with the help of Daniel Fischer that was getting the same error,
we have found the problem.  I was using the JASS toolkit provided by SUN,
and one of the tuning scripts was adding a "-t" to syslogd in the syslog
startup script.  I removed the option and everything is fine now.

JF

My original post was:

>>> [email protected] 01/17/02 08:43AM >>>
Hi,
        I installed FW-1 NG FP1 on a Sun Solaris 8 box.  Everytime I
boot or push a new policy, I am getting the following error message:

Jan 16 17:07:33 toto fwip: FW-1 IP: An interface configuration command
has been issued, but the
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto         FW-1 driver could not be informed.
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto          This may be due to the driver being
removed from the system,
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto          or a failure of the fw bootd process.
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto         If this message keeps appearing after
rebooting the machine,
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto          please contact Check Point technical
support.
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto         This message can be safely ignored in the
following cases:
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto            FW-1 has just been uninstalled or
upgraded and has not been
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto            rebooted yet
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto             or
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto            The machine is now in single user mode.
Jan 16 17:07:33 toto          This message will be suppressed for the
next 127 times.

anyone knows what this is?

Thanks