[FW-1] e-mail relaying [OT]

Sorry for this is an OT.

I want to open my e-mail relaying in Sendmail, but before I do, I'd like to solicit opinions on its advantages and disadvantages.
I've read several articles about it but I need more expert opinions from the experience sysads like you.

Any bad and good experiences and suggestions on how to control it (specifically spamming).

Thanks.

--
Lito A. Lampitoc
Foundation for Communication Initiatives                phone:+63(2)8941345