Re: [FW-1] IDS and Hot Standby

Hi,

For the IDS I'd suggest you have a look at SNORT http://www.snort.org.
As for the failover system, it's not clear to me whether you meant the FW or
the Web server (or both?).

For the FW you have an excellent solution with the Nokia and the virtual
routing protocol (vrrp).

As you mentioned that your FW will protect your iis web server, may I suggest
you to consider a reverse proxy as well? You may want to avoid direct access
to the web server. Furthermore a reverse proxy can also play the role of
load balancer.

Regards,
Gian