Re: [FW-1] How to setup VPN

my 2 cents:

1. buy phoneboy's book "essential firewall-1" read it a couple times. lots of stuff in there!
2. talk to your reseller to get remote VPN license ( I think it's seperate from basic VPN?)
3. If budget will allow, use secure-client ($99/user or so) allows you to push policy out to user PC. Secure remote is free but does not push policy to remote host. bad. do you really want them surfing 'naked' while logged into your VPN? I didn't think so. :-p
4. see phoneboy.com FAQ on NT networking over a VPN and the list archives for this list and the fw1wizards list. Lots of mat'l on domain/browsing network etc.

Actual the basic setup is pretty easy. Try to get FWZ working first, then move to IKE once you've got it going.

- Joe

>>> Chris H <[email protected]> 01/18/02 04:15PM >>>
Call your FW1 vendor and ask for SecuRemote licenses.
Then apply the license.  Then read the docs for
setting up SecuRemote.

Chris
--- Kennie Miller <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We have a FW-1VPN Gateway and currently we are just
> using it as firewall for
> our webserver and internal network. The webserver is
> on DMZ and we are using
> NATing. Now we want to setup a  VPN for mobile users
> to access the internal
> Windowst NT 4 network from home or while traveling.
> Can someone guide me
> here what are the basic steps to setup the VPN.
> Particularly what we need to
> do to pass the VPN traffic to internal domain
> controller without
> compromising security etc.
> Do we need any other software? I think we can use
> secure-client on
> workstations for connecting but do we need anything
> else?
> Are there any good books that someone can recommend
> for VPN, specially
> anything specificaly for VPN using checkpoint?
> your help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Kennie

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/